- User-based management: User A can access a USB device, User B can’t.
The user is able to access the same devices – independant of the machine he logs on.
- Device white lists: Some USB devices are allowed, others are blocked.
USBSecure Professional is based on whitelists: only devices listed in the whitelists are accessible – other devices are blocked. New in version 3: Activation of whole devices classes (e.g. any USB keyboards or mouses).
- Centralized management.
Clients receive their configuration (the whitelists) from a network share. If the client or the USBSecure service is restartet, the current configuration is reveived from the share. The client accesses the local cached configuration if the share is not accessible.
- Supports USB devices, Floppy and CD/DVD drives, FireWire and eSATA devices.
Comprehensive protection of your Windows clients against undesirable devices.
- No dedicated server required.
USBSecure Professional requires only a minimum of system resources. An existing Windows server or a filer can be used as USBSecure server.
- No intervention in the USB data stream.
USBSecure Professional does NOT access the USB data stream. It does not slow down the devices – it simply switches them on or off. Accordingly, USBSecure Professional is compatible even to „exotic“ USB devices.
- BadUSB protection.
USBSecure Professional protects your machines from bad devices masked as keyboards.
- MSI package for easy installation.
The MSI package can be distributed with any software delivery system or via Windows group policy.